ENTER THE 12TH ANNUAL UGCY #UGCY2024!
Over the years we have been privileged to work with over 70 universities and seen thousands of students perform on the UGCY stage. We are about to enter our 12th year and inviting all choirs to once again enter one of the biggest UK inter-university events of the year!
Here is just a taste of the amazing time we had UGCY 2023:
Missed out on previous years performances? Check them out on youtube!
We will be open for entries to the 12th annual UGCY from 21st October 2023
Closing date for Entries: November 30th 2023
Public Social Media weekly challenges and Vote via TikTok and IG: 1st Dec – 15th Dec
Finalists Announced: 5th January 2024
Date of UGCY 2024 Finals: 23rd March 2024
Proverbs 3:5 – ‘Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding’
UGCY 2024 Entry Process:
To enter you are to submit a 6 minutes audition video and a Christmas challenge video (more info below).
This year we have a twist, we will be doing optional weekly challenges which will be posted on our social media pages. See below for more information.
-> START HERE <-
There are 2 steps to enter the competition:
Step 1: Choir leader submits entry form on behalf of entire choir
Step 2: Individual choir and band members register as participants in the registration form. Note any choir member performing at the finals or featured in videos/pictures need to be registered.
Both forms are required to be submitted to be considered as an entry.
TO ENTER CHOIR LEADERS COMPLETE THE FORM HERE (DEADLINE: 30th NOV)
YOU WILL REQUIRE A PICTURE OF YOUR CHOIR, A SHORT CHOIR BIO AND A LINK OR THE FILE TO YOUR AUDITION VIDEOS.
CHOIR MEMBERS REGISTRATION
ALL CHOIR MEMBERS ARE TO COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW BY 7TH DECEMBER FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE BELOW:
- Confirmation that each member agrees to participate in the competition and they agree to be featured part of videos and pictures used in the competition. Only individuals who have filled this form can participate in the competition.
- Demographic information and research to be captured directly from participants to support UGCY grant/funding applications
- UGCY Communication to be added to a whatsapp group and IG Group
- Verification of participants applicability for the competition
The Choir members form can be accessed via the QR Code below
Record a video of the choir singing a song (or medley) of your choice in LANDSCAPE
– At the beginning of your video, introduce your choir, but be creative! This can be done through a short chant, a song etc. (this should be no longer than 30 seconds)
-Video should be no longer than 6 mins .
Christmas Carol remix!
Record a video of the choir singing any Christmas carol of your choice… but there’s a twist!
Make it your own!
Be creative and add something different.
-Video should be no longer than 1.25 mins
Please note: Each video must be submitted by the UGCY deadline given.
Gospel Choirs are judged by a panel of esteemed, well positioned Gospel and Music experts on their use of the techniques broken down into the following criteria:
Musicality (Rhythm Melody)
Effective use of dynamics to create a “gospel choir sound”
Judged exclusively by a panel of UGCY judges. Judges’ scores will account for 70% of the overall score.
Christmas Remix Videos:
Selected entirely through social media voting. Social media votes (Likes from followers of @ugcy IG, Youtube and @official_UGCY TikTok ) will account for 30% of the overall score. The videos with the highest overall score, determined by combining the judges’ scores and social media votes, will go through to the UGCY finals.
Finalists announced early January
Before you submit your entry
1) UGCY is open only to choirs that meet all of the following requirements:
a) All members must be least 18 years of age as of 31st December 2023;
b) The choir must have meaningful relationship with a UK Higher Education Institution and
c) At least 60% of the choir must be made up of current students (the remaining can be made up of staff and recent graduates of 2 years who are permitted to take part).
Read the UGCY judging criteria and checked out past audition videos?
2) Does your choir have at least 8 but no more than 70 members? As part of the entry process, you are required to submit the names and contact details of each choir member.
3)Is your audition video of good quality and 6 minutes max? Is your Christmas video 1 min max?
4) If selected as a finalist, note that you will be required to provide your own band/backing track at the finals.
5) By entering UGCY, all choir members accept that they are entering into the UGCY 2024 competition and are required to be available to attend the main event from 8am until 11pm on 16th March 2024 in London.
6) Please note that, unless otherwise stated, your clothing/transportation/any accommodation or other costs incurred as part of participating in UGCY 2024 is the responsibility of your choir and/or university.
IMPORTANT FOR GDPR RULES: By entering UGCY, all choir members accept that their details will be added to our mailing list to be used for UGCY communication purposes.
IMPORTANT FOR GDPR RULES: By entering UGCY, all choir members accept that their details may be passed on to our sponsors for job/career related purposes or alternative opportunities. Please contact us if you object to this.
Finalists will be required to create a 60 second video blog of themselves to be featured in the show.
Finalists will be asked to participate in light-hearted challenges in the run up to the main event
Good Luck and Gospel Love!