We are open for entries to the 8th annual UGCY! Theme: “New Beginnings”
Closing date for Entries: November 17th 2017
Date of UGCY 2018 Finals: March 2018
UGCY 2018 Entry Process:
The UGCY entry process is easy so there is no excuse! All you have to do is submit a video of your choir singing and a 1 min video message, meeting the criteria outlined below!
- A video of your choir singing, must last no longer than 5 mins and be submitted by 23:59 on November 17th 2017.
- Your choir can choose to sing one or more songs for your audition video.
- At the end of your audition video, please spend no longer than 1 minute telling us why you should be part of UGCY, what your choir can bring to UGCY and what everyone can expect!
- Our panel of esteemed Judges (see Judges page for UGCY Judge’s profiles) will review the submitted videos in line with the UGCY judging criteria, to whittle down the entries to the deserving 8 UGCY 2018 finalists (number of finalists subject to change at UGCY’s discretion and it is also UGCY’s discretion whether audition videos go to the public vote).
- UGCY 2018 finalists will be announced by 31st December 2017.
- Finalists take to the stage at the UGCY 2018 finals in London in Spring 2018!
- Winners will win talent management from our professional talent agency – UV Talent Ltd (www.uvtalent.co.uk)
Gospel Choirs are judged by a panel of esteemed, well positioned Gospel and Music experts on their use of the Gospel techniques broken down into the following criteria:
- Choreography/overall performance
- Musicality (Rhythm Melody)
- Effective use of dynamics to create a “gospel choir sound”
Before you submit your entry:
- UGCY is open only to choirs that meet all of the following requirements: a) all members must be least 18 years of age as of 31st December 2017; b) the choir must have meaningful relationship with a UK Higher Education Institution and c) at least 60% of the choir must be made up of current students (the remaining can be made up of staff and recent graduates of 2 years who are permitted to take part).
- Read the UGCY judging criteria?
- Does your choir have at least 10 but no more than 60 members? (Including band members)
- Is your video of good quality and 5 minutes max?
- If selected as a finalist, note that you will be required to provide your own band/backing track at the finals.
- By entering UGCY, all choir members accept that they are entering into the UGCY 2018 competition and are required to be available to attend the main event from 8am until 11pm in March 2018 in London.
- Please note that, unless otherwise stated, your clothing/transportation/any accommodation or other costs incurred as part of participating in UGCY 2018 is the responsibility of your choir and/or university.
- By entering UGCY, all choir members accept that their details will be added to our mailing list to be used for UGCY communication purposes only.
- By entering UGCY, all choir members accept that their details may be passed on to our sponsors for job/career related purposes or musical opportunities. Please contact us if you object to this.
- Finalists will be required to create a 60 second video blog of themselves to be featured in the show.
Click here to Apply!
Good Luck and Gospel Love!